Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Food: A love letter

Sometimes when I am down, I forget what's important to me. You know who never forgets about me? Yes, food: you.

Remember that night at the sushi restaurant in Santa Barbara? Or the magical time we had over Thanksgiving a few years back? These memories will be with me forever, treasured, as our relationship continues to blossom...

Food, you have always been there when I needed you. You don't judge. If I look like crap and am in a bad mood, do you reject me? No, rather, you are there to embrace me. Do you care that sometimes I demand too much of you? Not at all; in fact, you are often there with open and loving arms, offering me more. Sometimes I don't even have to call: you are already there.

So let me just explain, that while I have tried my best to hold back, or even take some time apart, I can say with some confidence that I will never leave you again. After lunch today, it became all too clear: you are the love of my life.

Never forget that.
hj



1 comment:

Haps said...

Wait, has that sob been cheating on me? When I ate Lucky Charms at midnight last night, the little marshmellows were whispering sweet nothings in my ear. It was all a lie.