Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A dog and a bike

I've come to the conclusion that all I need to be happy is a dog and a bike.

I've tried to deny it through other means (dulling my senses with alcohol, liaisons with questionable gentlemen) but really, I think I have found the answer. So now to put it into action, right?

Now, living on a main 6-lane thoroughfare in the dead center of LA and working 12 hour days have both been interfering with my goal. The following are factors that I think could improve my chances of achieving happiness:

1) quitting my job. Would improve hours I could spend with Gobbles (my future Beagle) tho it might significantly limit what Gobbles could eat. Plus bike maintenence would be difficult without income.

2) moving to Venice. Gobbles would have lots more room to play, plus, he could run alongside me as I pedal my way down Abbot Kinney. I'm not sure that Gobbles would necessarily enjoy the beach tho, he/she(?) might not take to the water... we'll take things slowly...

3) having a roommate who could spend time at said Venice house during the day to look after Gobbles and still bring home enough money to help split the rent. Preferably a nice looking boy who could also adopt the role of cuddle buddy. Acceptable lines of work: writer, artist, carpenter, landscape architect, architect architect, chef, independently wealthy trust fund heir, grass-roots activist, composer, other. Unacceptable lines of work: actor. model. etc.
[note: if you are a 'heterosexual' male and drive over an hour in order to get a haircut, you can consider yourself in the same category as gentlemen in the aforementioned occupations]

4) Getting a big payday for all the hardwork I am putting in so I can afford a fancy alarm system for my sweet bicycle and the finest in doggy day care.

Gobbles, have no fear. I am already saving my pennies for a bike and a deposit on a little beach cottage for us.

1 comment:

Eric Is Magic said...

If that strange dog is still in my house tonight. You can have it. I don't know if it will respond to Gobbles though.