Friday, August 01, 2008

Oh, this site still works?

Ah, well..... what can I say........ I like taking summers off? I know, I'm incorrigible!

OK, so that big secret, that I was waiting on, and then consequently you were waiting on? I'm sorry about leaving you hanging like that but now it's "all happening", and to get you up to speed:
  • Heather has quit her job.
  • Heather is moving to New York.
  • Heather will be attending grad school at NYU.
  • And apparently, for the purposes of this list, Heather has taken to referring to herself in the third person.
Yes folks - that math studying, the exploratory trip to New York, it was all a clever ploy on my part to get admitted to grad school! And it worked! I've already left Los Angeles, and am currently in a transitional residence (aka my parents') until next Tuesday, which marks The Big Move! So what am I doing instead of making sure I am ready and packed for The Big Move? Why, sharing my news with you, old internet pals! It's really the least I can do after my, erm, months of neglect. Which I already apologized for, so get off my case.

So the big news is that The Heathernet is going East Coast! And I won't have any income, which really shouldn't change things much with The Heathernet, unless someone wants to offer me a lucrative contract to ensure I post regularly. I think that would require some sort of advertising, right? Let's hear it for Mentos! The freshmaker.

Look out for updates from my adventures in NYC! I don't know a lot of people out there yet (read: I have no friends) which should leave me more time to spend with the likes of y'all!

Goodbye for now, golden state! I'll miss your sunshine and superior produce. Man, I love me some bear flag.

3 comments:

B. said...

Heathernet!

If you'd asked me five years ago where I saw myself in five years, I would have said "NYU Grad School."

Instead I'm sitting here blogging.

Heather said...

hello!

there's still time to apply for fall '09.....

Anonymous said...

Mary