Tuesday, July 03, 2007

4th! 4th! 4th!

Go 'merica!

I thought that perhaps after announcing my dual-citizenship, or posting this entry comparing one great American President to one not-so-awesome current Head Chief in Charge, some Heathernet patrons might find this blog to be inflammatory, or even unpatriotic. Well, this is simply not so! And to prove it, this blog entry is dedicated to things I Love About America:
  • In 'n' Out Burger
  • NPR
  • hot dogs (just try eating them in a foreign country)
  • modern plumbing
  • labor laws (even if they're not always upheld *ahem* - having them around makes me feel a little better)
  • I like the beach. I like mountains. I like greenspace.
  • Thanksgiving! (duh)
  • The freedom that allows me to watch whatever movies I want, to join a cult if I so choose, and write this blog.
  • This commercial
Admittedly, I was initially bummed about the 4th's unfortunate midweek position this year. I get one measly day off and then have to turn right around and come back to work?! But - here is another way of looking at it: I have two two-day workweeks this week - and like, three weekends! Now that is what I call looking on the bright side! [Let's dismiss the fact that my nemeses in the TV department allegedly also get Thursday and Friday off...] Anyway, it's not the AMOUNT of time, but the QUALITY of the time, am I right?? Ehh, sure.....

In any case,

Happy Independence Day!

2 comments:

B. said...

I think this blog is one of my favorite things about America. Also that commercial.

Also I have to work Saturday. At 7am. So yeah.

Anonymous said...

j...