Wednesday, June 06, 2007

the illest

hi loyal Heathernet readers,

I'm sick. :(

This is my plaintive cry to all of you for pity and sympathy. Let the record show that through this debilitating illness, my first thought turned to you, dear patrons, and my blog.

I am congested. My throat is sore. I am feverish and weak. And through it all, here I am. Blogging for you.

Last night I had some Thai wonton soup. It was fantastic. The aromatic broth healed my spirit. Apparently it did little for my physical being. I feel like shite.

Oh, this blog is boring? Well f you then. I am sick.

Tho I suppose I am also delirious. I guess I could share with you some of my fever-induced delusions, and that might provide some entertainment. Last night I had a Nyquil fueled vision that I was in Paris, living in an apartment styled after an old French New Wave film and there was a revolution taking place outside my window. There were also cats in my new apartment. I am allergic to cats. One of them had an ear that was tore up and looked mangy. Feral? I decided they could stay. I thought, hm, I could probably take some allergy medicine to deal with these cats. My new life as a French revolutionary!

Does my dream mean that living in France is the same as being infirm? Ugh. Pray for me, readers...

3 comments:

B. said...

I was sick yesterday too. I was laying on the couch watching D-Day stuff on the History Channel and it occured to me that I've done this before. For some reason I always get sick on D-Day. Maybe in a past life I was a tough-as-nails sergeant felled by Nazi bullets on the beaches of Normandy, sacrificing myself so that France could be liberated and her children could grow up to revolutionize film-making.

Anonymous said...

I will one day be living in a flat in Paris. Within the next three years. Before I am 30. Can't flippin wait.

Denise B. said...

your dream is quite telling...what it is telling, well I can't quite tell...you-that is...you will have to pay me to find out...I am an award winning dream interpretor...in my own dreams actually...