Tuesday, February 27, 2007

productive things accomplished this weekend:

  • Checked out new bar/gastropub The Village Idiot on Melrose and Martel. I like. Except that it's a little too bright/ loud for me to be sipping on the Arnold Palmer I was denied earlier in the week. We leave before last call.

  • Picked up new desk from furniture store downtown w/ help of generous truck-owning comrade. It looks so good in my room, all my existing furniture feels embarrassed by comparison.

  • Attended baby shower. With gift. Très responsible. Fortuitously, I missed this part of the party:Yep, it's beer in those baby bottles. Does anyone else find it the least bit disturbing that only men are competing in this contest? Totally sexist. Things would be soo different if I were not teetotaling this month... sigh...

  • Stayed in to read on Saturday night. Who says abstaining from alcohol affects your social life!

  • Got a facial! Thank you, ex-lover-I-no-longer-talk-to, for the gift certificate to Burke Williams which I would like you to know I have been enjoying immensely.

  • Attended a small Academy Award gathering complete with cucumber sandwiches and hyperactive dog aptly named Oscar.

  • aaaand still sober.
Day 7.

No comments: