That being said, I present, my resolutions. At least, those fit for publication online.
- Become a ninja. [Lest you think I presume to become a ninja in one year, step one is kickboxing class. I would, however, like to keep the ultimate goal - namely, ninjaship - in mind]. Enjoy your last moments of complacency before I am a trained killing machine.
- Improve my foreign language skills. I can either build upon my high school Spanish or my rudimentary French, consisting of Christmas carols my grade school made us sing in 4th grade en français.
- Go somewhere new and/or foreign. Live in solitude and focus on being creative.
- Stop saying "I don't know". Not entirely, but I rely on it all too much. Sometimes I do know.
- Run a marathon. wait, WHAT!? OK, this never would have made it on my resolution lists in years past, but while I was in New York and on my way to the airport, I saw the proud, beaming faces of the marathon participants. Some of these people were pushing 80 years old! I said to myself, hey, I want to feel like that, and I'm only pushing 28! If not now, when?
- Have a glass of champagne. This may take a wee bit longer, but know that I am working on it.
'08 is already off to an auspicious start. I spent New Year's Eve at the Mars Volta show in SF with Schmen, where we both dressed up as flappers! It was fantastic. In other good news, I've got all sorts of gift cards from the holidays eagerly awaiting redemption!
I close with a little tip for y'all: My path to ninjadom begins Tuesday. This will be your only warning.